Potato & Leek Soup
I could eat soup everyday – no matter the weather.
It’s the perfect Winter warmer, but it also reminds me of childhood Summer holidays spent in French Villas.
This recipe is one of our ultimate favourites – homemade, filling, nutritious and healthy, it’s so good served with a side of Garlic Bread or Toast (Gluten Free if needed).
Vegan, Gluten Free, Simple & Prepared in our Home with Organic Ingredients.
We hope that you enjoy it as much as us.
- Olive Oil (1-2 Tablespoons approx..)
- Teaspoon Black Mustard Seed
- Teaspoon Whole Fenugreek
- Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1-2 Large Onions (diced)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 2 Leeks (sliced thinly)
- 2-3 Large potatoes (chopped into cubes)
- 3-4 Sprigs Fresh Parsley
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- Bunch of Coriander to serve (optional garnish)
- 1 Green Chilli (optional garnish)
- 1 Red Chilli (optional garnish
- Add Olive Oil to a Wok or Saucepan and heat
- Add Mustard Seed, Turmeric and Fenugreek to pan
- Fry/Saute for 1 minute
- Add Onion, Garlic & Leeks
- Fry until Onion is translucent
- Stir in Potato
- Add Parsley
- Add Vegetable Stock
- Add Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Stir, Bring to the Boil & Simmer for 20 Minutes until Potato is soft (desired texture)
- Blend to desired texture (we like our soup chunky)
- Serve into bowls topped with Coriander & Sliced Chillies