Bliss Balls are tasty and nutritious balls of goodness with the added bonus they’re easy to make!
Having a batch of these in the fridge will satisfy those sweet-tooth cravings.
They’re also small and portable making them great for lunch boxes.
Here’s my version.
This recipe will make approximately 21 balls.
I make ours in a Thermomix, but a high speed blender like a Vitamix will do just as well.
I tend to throw bliss balls together and use a mug to scoop the almond meal into our Thermomix (it makes it easy with minimal mess!), so you may want to experiment with the below ingredients and adapt this recipe to suit your tastes and type of blender.
- 12 Medjool Dates
- Almond Meal – 2 Mug fulls (approx. 350g)
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons Cacao
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Desiccated Coconut for rolling
- Add Dates, Almond Meal, Hemp Seeds, Cacao and Chia Seeds to your choice of Blender
- Place some of the coconut into a bowl.
- Blend on high power (I use setting 8 on the Thermomix) for 5 to 10 seconds. Consistency should be well mixed like a crumble. Not too dry (needs to stick) and not too wet.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the coconut.
- Place in a sealed glass container and keep in the fridge.
- Eat within 3 days.