Spend Some Time in and Around Water to Harness the Full Dynamic Power of October’s – Full Moon in Aries
If you’d like to receive my New and Full Moon reports in your Inbox a little earlier each month, you can sign up to my Newsletter here.
A Boost in Motivation
The Full Moon in Aries will exact on October 6th 2017 at 04:40am AEST, GMT +10) bringing with it a likely boost in energy levels and motivation.
It’s time to get things moving and take action towards those goals!!
Tap into some of that Aries daring and just do it!!
Fighting For Needs and Protection
Mars is the ruler of this Full Moon.
The God of War is at his highest expression when fighting on behalf of a cause or the needs of others
… and if you’ve been feeling unheard or ignored of late then you may find you’re compelled to speak up about that too.
Are You Doing What You Want?
With Aries’ concern with the self, this energy can receive a bad reputation for selfishness, but you know what?
Being selfish and self indulgent sometimes is down right liberating.
This is a great Moon to finally sign up for something you’ve wanted to do for yourself, but perhaps you’ve been putting off due to feeling guilty or bound to others.
Overcoming Challenges, Reactivity, Impatience and Aggression
The week leading up to a Full Moon can illuminate that which is in need of healing or personal patterns in need of some conscious attention.
With Aries energy in the spotlight, we’re talking: reactivity, impatience, frustration and aggressive outbursts; especially where there is anger that hasn’t been dealt with or fully acknowledged.
With a square to Pluto thrown in for good measure, there may be a rise in emotional intensity and potential volcanic eruptions.
Especially heightened with Pluto due to be moving at his slowest and turning direct on September 29th.
The week leading up to this Full Moon is likely to contain some raw power!!
The stuff that moves mountains, but it can also run amok if not harnessed and channelled effectively.
Potential Relationship Dramas
Relationship angst is a likely strong theme as the Me (Aries Moon) versus You (Libra Sun) polarity is highlighted and that Pluto contact can throw in some drama too, so I would highly recommend dealing with issues early on.
Illuminating the Dark Side
You may also be given insights to energy previously categorised as ‘bad’ or ‘negative’ and, which you have attempted to suppress.
How do you deal with your anger?
Were you raised to believe that good people don’t lose their temper or perhaps don’t even feel anger?
If you tend to ignore it, push it down and hope it will go away, it may just come back in full swing during the lead up to this Full Moon.
Resentment, Depression and Skin Rashes are all possible manifestations of angry emotions that have not been expressed and if you’re someone who usually says yes to everyone and everything (at your own expense) then you may find it hard to hold it together now.
Dropping The Rose-Coloured Glasses
With 3 placements in Libra (Sun, Mercury and Jupiter) diplomatic solutions are possible.
But with the Sun and Mercury inconjunct Neptune you may need to drop your idealism and take off those rose-tinted spectacles.
We are human beings with a wide array of different moods and emotions.
Expecting peace and harmony at all times is unrealistic.
How about we have a go at loving one another unconditionally, exactly as we are in any given moment?
That doesn’t mean that we allow others to run rough shod over us or that we look after everyone else’s needs and neglect our own.
But it does mean that we can hold space for others who may be losing their shit around this time and respond with compassion and understanding.
Patience is not likely to be a strong point now, but thankfully Aries anger is quick to ignite and quick to diffuse, so try not to hold on to grievances.
Motivated by Love
With Mars (ruler of this Full Moon) and Venus snuggling up close in Virgo it would be wise to use these insights for some self or relationship improvement rather than berate yourself or others.
Pluto also offers us the chance for transformation – maybe through talking or modifying your communication style and this energy is also pretty gifted at showing us our emotional depths.
What imbalances are playing out here?
What does the situation need?
Advice for Coping – Include the Wet Stuff!!
If you are finding the run up to this Moon a tricky one, I highly recommend:
- Drinking plenty of water (1 litre per 22kgs of body weight is the recommended daily amount) and spend time in and around water if you can – baths, ocean swims… This Full Moon chart is lacking in the water element; bringing a risk of burn out, stress and lack of consideration for other’s feelings. Sitting by a waterfall and listening to it may well help to soothe any stress and bring you back into balance. The photo I used here is of my daughter (yes, I know she is beautiful 🙂 ). She also lacks the water element in her natal chart and simply lights up in the surf!! Spending time in and around water completes and balances her. We may all need some of this early October.
- Safely expressing any anger or resentment that you’re currently feeling before early October
- Writing out any anger that is still being felt around this Full Moon – for example, with a burning ritual
- Upping the exercise to mitigate potential anxiety or to release pent up energy
- Ensuring that your brain (Aries Rules the head) and your nervous system are well nourished in the run up to October 6th may help to mitigate anxiety and lower stress levels (Especially with Mars’ placement in Virgo at this Full Moon). You may have to think on your feet!!
- Brain Foods =Applies, Almonds, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cabbage, Blueberries, Walnuts, Rockmelon (also known as Cantaloupe Melon depending on where you live), Watermelon
- Soothe Stress and Potentially Related Digestive Upsets = Lettuce, Pine Nuts, Ginger, eat lots of Magnesium-Rich (i.e. apples, avocados, apricots, pineapple, peaches, grapefruit, garlic, seeds and whole grains) and Potassium-Rich foods (i.e. apples, apricots, bananas, avocados, brown rice, dates, grapefruit, leafy veggies, kelp, lemons, sesame seeds)
- Get enough sleep (aim for 8 hours every night)
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day to help lower blood pressure and increase feelings of harmony and spiritual connection
- Spending time alone to process your feelings may prevent you from taking them out on anyone unnecessarily.
- Looking for ways to improve how you express your anger – books, courses, counsellors, therapists…
- Consider taking a Bush Flower Essence like Black Eyed Susan to help lower any stress or anxiety or book a Bush Flower Essence Consultation for a blend specific to you.
Personal Power in Overcoming Challenges
This is a great Full Moon for rising to and overcoming any challenges that are thrown your way.
If there’s something you’re looking to start then Aries energy is a good a time as any and with November’s New and Full Moons falling in the fixed signs of Taurus and Scorpio that would be a great time to apply staying power to whatever has begun now.
So, what are you going to channel all that fiery energy into?
Which area of your life is likely to be affected by this Full Moon?
Where does this Full Moon fall within your natal chart?
If you’re unsure of how to find this and would like help with understanding your natal chart, you can sign up for my newsletter and receive my E-Book “Introductory Tips for Astrological Self Awareness” for free.
Look for 12 degrees and 42 seconds of Libra (The Sun), and 12 degrees and 42 seconds of Aries (The Moon).
Which house axis (areas of life) is being highlighted in your chart?
Are there any planets, which fall at (or very close to) 12 degrees within your natal chart?
Those situated between 10 and 14 degrees of the cardinal signs (Aries, Libra, Cancer and Capricorn) and also Virgo, Scorpio, Taurus and Pisces are likely to add more to the picture.
Click here to sign up for the newsletter.
I also offer a 12-month subscription to my Lunar Illuminations.
These alerts are a great way to track your intention setting and to tune into your own emotional ebb and flow as the Moon moves through her eight phases each month.
You can subscribe to my Lunar Illuminations here.
The Full Moon will exact on October 6th 2017 at 04:40am (AEST, GMT +10)
Wishing you forward momentum, relationship growth and greater understanding of your personal needs.