What is Eclipse Energy?
If you’ve been experiencing periodical waves of emotion or have been gifted with personal realisations around patterns of behaving then the chances are that you’re well and truly plugged into the Eclipse energy that is surrounding us right now.
Eclipse energy changes the electromagnetic frequency and as it interacts with our own auric energy field it can make for a heavy and intense time both emotionally and energetically.
Eclipse energy is Lunar energy, so deep emotions can surface for our conscious acknowledgement, which are often related to lunar themes; such as
- The Past,
- Early Childhood,
- Nourishment and Nurture
- Mother (how we were mothered and how we mother)
Relationships can also come under fire, as we tend to carry our unhealed emotional baggage through into our adult relationships.
The Need for Compassion and Kindness
Because Eclipse Seasons increase our sensitivity, compassion is important; both compassion for others and compassion for ourselves.
Kindness is so important right now.
We live in such busy times that we often just carry on regardless; whizzing around in a flurry of activities and “must does”.
This active life is masculine energy and this constant call to go outside of ourselves can take its toll on our basic emotional needs, which tend to be denied or often suppressed as we strive to get on in the World.
Feminine energy is deep, innate, intuitive and receptive.
(It’s important to note here that both men and women carry masculine and feminine energy and, regardless of gender, both need to be acknowledged and balanced).
Eclipse seasons can force us to confront and to reflect upon our tender side and what our emotional needs may be, so please give yourself time to process what is arising for you.
Such emotional intensity and sensitivity can increase experiences of depression and anxiety, so please be mindful of what the Cosmos is highlighting for you (or those around you) at this time.
A look at the Moon in your natal chart can be enlightening during an eclipse (by sign, house and aspects).
What related themes are arising for you now? (see below for a few ideas related to each Moon sign).
New Moon/Solar Eclipse in Pisces – Themes
Our approaching New Moon/Solar Eclipse will fall in Pisces on February 27th at 00:58am (AEST) and with five key placements in Pisces at this time (The Sun, The Moon, Neptune, Mercury and The South Node) the following themes could be manifesting for you right now:
- An increased need for Emotional Closeness, Exchange of Feelings and Empathy.
- A need to Express your Feelings (I.e. write, speak, draw, dance, sing…) and feel that they are heard.
- An increased longing for Union (which is often the reason we’re drawn to alcohol – to feel a sense of merging and of loosening our boundaries with life/others).
- Feeling Overwhelmed.
- Feeling like a Victim (disempowered).
- Deep Sensitivity and Compassion
- Boundary Issues (are your boundaries too lax or too strong?)
- Escapism (I.e. using food, alcohol or other substances to numb or stuff deep feelings)
- Increased Need to Fantasise/Day Dream
- Themes around Service (our need to serve the collective)
- Themes around Surrender (do you surrender to the flow of life or attempt to control)
This eclipse falls on the South Node indicating that events, which occur between now and August may be pointers showing you emotional patterns, which need to be released and let go of.
Example emotional triggers by Natal Moon Sign that Eclipses can bring up
What is triggering you and where may you be blocking the flow of life through fear?
- Capricorn Moons may come face to face with control issues,
- Scorpio Moons may connect with Trust Issues,
- Virgo Moons may experience an increase in anxiety (fear of outcomes/the future),
- Cancerian Moons may be asked to face emotional defence mechanisms (are they still necessary)
- Pisces Moons may confront feelings of loss, helplessness and where they feel adrift and unsupported
- Aries Moons may be processing residual anger or patterns around reactivity and impatience
- Taurus Moons may confront fears around a lack of security
- Gemini Moons may find it harder than ever to rest under Eclipse energy and may meet with emotional pain around not being heard
- Aquarian Moons may confront patterns around detachment or rejection
- Leo Moons may have to acknowledge where they don’t feel truly seen by others or where they fear to shine their light
- Libra Moons may be called to look at how early family conditioning is leading to an inability to express darker emotions or accept these traits in others
- Sagittarius Moons may be called to look at how family belief systems may be holding them back from following their own truth
Other Energies in the February 27th Eclipse Chart
The Eclipse chart contains an exact Mars/Uranus conjunction in Aries, which carries strong rebellious energy and the urge to break out from situations that you can no longer tolerate.
Please be mindful of a tendency to angry outbursts with sudden, impulsive and unexpected flair ups or events being a possibility.
Instead, can you think of ways to constructively channel this energy by motivating yourself to loosen the chains that bind; honouring your need for individuality, freedom and growth?
Letting go of emotional patterns (through seeking help if you need to) that you feel are holding you back and/or frustrating you can help.
Mars/Uranus energy can also bring sudden, out of the blue events…
Bernadette Brady writes in her book “The Eagle and The Lark” that this particular Eclipse belongs to “a family of eclipses that brings with it the element of pleasant surprise. Sudden happiness, a joyful event, the lucky break, the lucky win. The Events which will be occurring … can positively change the person’s life”.
… so let’s hope for some good news.
From this position, Mars is triggering the long term Jupiter/Uranus opposition, so the need for freedom, inspiration and growth is likely to be big right now.
There may be sudden occurrences that bring about endings, but remember that endings clear the way for a new beginning.
With Mercury’s presence in Pisces alongside this New Moon/Solar Eclipse your imagination and desire to express your creativity may be heightened.
Great for meditation, cultivating a stronger connection to your higher self and for being inspired, but beware of a tendency to delusion, paranoia, self-doubt and confusion.
Which area of your life is likely to be affected by this Eclipse?
Where does this eclipse energy fall within your natal chart? Look for 8degrees and 12seconds of Pisces.
What does that house (area of life) represent?
Are there any planets, which fall at 8degrees within your natal chart?Those situated at 8 degrees of the mutable signs are likely to be strongly affected (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) and also any planet residing at 8 degrees of Libra or Leo.
If you’d like help with understanding your natal chart, you can sign up for my newsletter and receive my E-Book “Introductory Tips for Astrological Self Awareness” for free.
Eclipse energy tends to be in effect for 6 months.
Much Love, Toria xo