This week’s Full Moon in Capricorn will be exact on Wednesday 20th July 2016 at 08:56am here in Brisbane (AEST) – click link for conversion to your place in the World 😉
With the Cancer/Capricorn axis highlighted we meet the Maternal Mother Energy and the Patriarchal Father Energy within ourselves.
Now is a good time to contemplate/meditate on the following polarities in order to gauge where there may be an imbalance within your life:
- Career/Family Life
- Responsibility/The need to be Mothered
- Striving for goals and achievement/Gentle Nurturing & Taking time out
- Boundaries (detachment)/Closeness (attachment&subjectivity)
These polarities can play out in many ways and the lead up to any Full Moon tends to exacerbate issues; bringing them to the surface for your awareness and action.
- If you are continuously coming from a place of neediness it may now be time to take responsibility for your own life instead of looking for a mother figure to look after you. Warning: This course of action could eventually lead to empowerment.
- If you are constantly striving to achieve goals with minimal downtime you may find that your stress levels are increasing in the run up to this Full Moon signalling that it’s time for some self-nurture and time out.Warning: This course of action could eventually lead to overall well-being and a connection back into the flow of life.
- If you put on a tough outer persona fearing to let others see your vulnerabilities then you will never get the care and nurture from them that you secretly crave. Warning: Allowing yourself to be vulnerable may just lead to you living a beautiful fearless life as your authentic self
So, Where is this energy playing out within your life and what do you need to do to bring these two energies back into balance?
Look at where the Full Moon falls within your birth chart for clues.
That means looking at the points where the Sun and the Moon fall, as the Sun is always opposite the Moon at a Full Moon.
In this instance, that’s 27 degrees and 40 seconds of Capricorn (Moon) and 27 degrees and 40 seconds of Cancer (Sun).
Which area of life (shown by the houses) is therefore, being highlighted?
Also check for any planets falling around 27 degrees; especially of the cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn), as themes related to these planets will also be important.
If you’d like a free copy of my EBook ‘Introductory Tips for Astrological Self Awareness’, which will help you with this, you can get yours here.
The Moon will be void of course from 08:56:31am until 01:10pm here in Brisbane (AEST) making the time following this Full Moon a particularly potent time for meditation.
To read more about the energy of this particular Full Moon click here.